Gluten Free Foods Are A Must For Many
Low gluten and gluten free diets have become very trendy in the last few years for those wanting to eat healthier. And beyond those just wanting a healthier diet, for individuals with celiac disease and other medical conditions affected by certain grains, choosing gluten-free recipes is a must.
Gluten Free Recipes, Meals And Headaches
Unfortunately, grocery shopping for and cooking gluten free recipes can be both daunting and time-consuming for most people. On the plus side, there are lots of gluten free meal delivery and personal chef services that can make your life much simpler!
How many hours have you spent reading ingredients lists? What about all of the time online researching what foods are and are not gluten free? Who else hates that dreaded phrase, "cross contamination"? How many times have you gone to a restaurant only to be severely limited in menu options and what you would really like to eat? There is no question that the gluten free lifestyle can cause all kinds of headaches.
Gluten Free Meal Plans Custom Made By A Personal Chef
At Chefs For Seniors, our team of amazing professional chefs can create custom gluten-free diet menus that meet your specific needs. We don’t mass-produce meals in a factory and load them with preservatives, we prepare homemade meals in your kitchen just for you.
In certain cases, we can even involve a registered dietitian in the process so we can 100% guarantee that you’re not only eating food that you WANT to eat, but that you SHOULD be eating!
Gluten Free Recipes We Use With Our Customers
Below are some of our favorite gluten-free recipes (one breakfast, lunch, and dinner item) our chefs have prepared for clients of Chefs For Seniors. They were inspired from recipes found at celiac.org, and are included in our gluten-free meal plans. Hope you enjoy!
Breakfast Sausage Egg Muffins
· 4 eggs
· salt and pepper, to taste
· ½ cup chicken breakfast sausage (cubed)
· 1/4 cup diced peppers and onions
· ¼ cup chopped spinach leaves
· 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
· Coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 4 count muffin pan with coconut oil. Whisk eggs and add salt, pepper, and cheese. Divide veggies and sausage evenly into cups and pour eggs over (fill ¾ of each muffin cup). Bake for 15 minutes.
· 1 teaspoons olive oil
· 1 pound ground turkey
· .5 onion, chopped
· 1 cups water
· 1 can (14.5 oz.) crushed tomatoes
· 1 can (8 oz.) kidney beans – drained, rinsed, and mashed
· 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
· 1 tablespoons chili powder
· 1/4 teaspoon paprika
· 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
2. Add turkey; cook until evenly brown.
3. Stir in onion; cook until tender.
4. Add water, tomatoes, kidney beans, garlic, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to low; cover; simmer 30 minutes.
Grilled Salmon With Pineapple Salsa
· 2 6-oz salmon fillets, skin off
· 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 1/2 tsp salt
· ¼ cup fresh or canned pineapple
· 3 green onions, sliced thin
· ½ tbsp grapefruit juice
· ¼ tsp salt
Place salmon on a baking sheet. Season with lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 10-15 minutes. While salmon is baking, combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well. To serve, top salmon with salsa.
Affordable Gluten Free Menus With Chefs For Seniors
Gluten free diets aren't the end of the world. There are many healthy, nutritious and tasty meals that can be made gluten free. And if you are tired of trying to meal plan on your own, check out Chefs For Seniors.
We offer several affordable menu options, all of which can be custom do gluten free, or other diet needs.
If you or a loved one find it hard to cook for yourself and are ready for some help with your gluten free meal plans, contact us today. We offer good food and good company, and we'd love to help serve you and your family.